2.15.2011

You Make My Heart "Melt"

After Lauren's shower Jake took me to The Melting Pot in Midtown for an early Valentine's celebration.  Since baby J could surprise us at any moment we decided to play it safe and have our special night that weekend.  I absolutely LOVE fondue!  We were there from 6:30-9:30...time was spent enjoying the delicious meal and having a wonderful evening celebrating St. Valentine.  It was a truly memorable night!  

Jake and I tend to have "moments" in life that are very "us"...and that night was no exception! On our way out, we asked the hostess to take our picture.  She suggested a wall with The Melting Pot logo...seemed like a good choice at the time.  That was until we looked at the picture (once we had already left the restaurant) and realized that the fondue pot in the picture made Jake look like a viking!  We were cracking up!! We thought the hostess would get a kick out of it so we walked back inside to show her...then we took another picture (without the viking hat background) and I also took a picture with the hostess, lol!

Came across this when I was Googling "viking" pics..... cute!!!!
My Valentine Viking and our hostess/photographer! She got SO close...BFF!!
Do-over!!! XOXO!!!
On the note of Valentine's and hearts...a few weeks ago I had my maternity pics taken.  I never thought I'd want to take "belly" shots.  But, my friend Julie from Peach Blossom Photography offered to do them for me and I didn't want to look back and regret not getting the traditional maternity shots.  I'm so glad I got them done! She did an amazing job!! Pregnancy is such a blessing, the miracle of it all is so amazing...I'm so excited that I decided to have this part of my life captured! I can't wait to see the session once it's completed! Here's the traditional "heart" belly shot! ; ) 




1 comment:

  1. hehe, love the one of Jake as a viking-haha! I think Nanny needs to make Jackson a little knit cap like that =) What a sweet Valentine's Day! XOXO

    ReplyDelete